I am trying to find all the solutions and put them together at a single place, So feel free to add comments and if you have a solution please do post. Cheers … 🙂
Here is the puzzles link : http://www.wuriddles.com/
Using only a 5-gallon bucket and a 3-gallon bucket, put exactly four gallons of water in the 5-gallon bucket. (Assume you have an infinite supply of water. No measurement markings on the buckets.)
My Solution :
- Lets fill up the 3 Lt. bucket first and pour it in the 5 Lt. bucket.
- Again fill up the 3 Lt. bucket and pour it in the 5 Lt. bucket till its full. Now the 3 Lt. bucket has 1 Lt. of water.
- Now pour out all the water from 5 Lt. and add the 1 Lt. from the 3 Lt. bucket into the 5 Lt. bucket.
- Now again fill the 3 Lt. bucket fully and pour it into the 5 Lt. bucket.
- Hey we got 4 Lt. in the 5 Lt. bucket……. 😉